CertOn is a paperless document management system for homes, commercial and industrial properties. 

You can save all your important Electrical Certificates, Gas Safe, O&M Manuals plus more. Just about any document you may need to retrieve at any time, instantly, without the need for searching in cupboards, boxes, drawers or lofts, completely paperless!

We hold on our database your documents ready for instant retrieval by scanning a unique QR code sticker on your smart device that has been situated on or near certain prominent locations, such as a Fuse-board (Consumers Control Unit, or CCU for short), Boiler, maintenance cupboard etc.

+        Easy – Simple set-up process

+        Paperless – Stored in the cloud

+        Secure – Every important document in a safe environment

+        Accessible – Scan the QR sticker and access anytime

+        Compliant – Previously certified works viewed at the property

+        Homeowners, Councils, Landlords, Tenants, Housing associations, Estate/Letting agents, Electricians, Construction companies. Anyone who is conscientious about where their documents are or issues certification and documents for buildings.

+        Homeowners – Certification & Building Control Documents are vital for a hassle free sale of a house when required.  You may not remember where, or even if you had any certificates when you had recent work done, our QR sticker and App holds all the information for the account holder in one easy accessed place, viewed instantly.

You may need to be reminded when your boiler is due for a service when your electrics are due for inspection or find out what color you painted the bedroom 5 years ago, by storing the information with a PDF or Jpeg file to CertOn, it’s always there.

+        A Construction company or Housing association may have numerous different trades installing works in property, all issuing certification at different times. This system allows all parties involved to save an image (of the original) in one place (i.e. at the Property).

Note: the original documents must always be issued to the relevant parties prior to uploading to CertOn.

+        Landlords/letting agents/tenants – As above, different trades are required to issue documents depending on the works they have undertaken. The tenant may feel safer knowing the relevant documents are all up to date for the place they live and know when things are due for re-newel.

+        Electricians / Gas Safe engineers / Window fitters / Fire Alarm engineers / CCTV engineers / Intruder Alarm fitters / Air Conditioning / Stove/chimney fitters etc. All these trades and more can give the customer an added back up of knowing the certificates are stored with CertOn, retrieved instantly with the QR sticker and App on their smart device.

In many instances there is a legal requirement to maintain documentation as proof of compliance. For homeowners who wish to sell their property, it can be vital to have certification as proof all work has been carried out to a satisfactory standard.

You should at first consult the people/companies who undertook the works and try to get the issue resolved. Lost, miss-placed or un-received paperwork can cost time and money in chasing around retrieving documents.

If it isn’t possible to get historic or non-received documents, and you’re trying to sell a property, your solicitors may get you to pay for an ‘Indemnity Insurance’, which sort of covers the ‘non-compliance’ rule. How-ever, if a ‘third party’ highlights an issue within the property (say, an Electrician has noted a dangerous installation) the indemnity insurance would be void for that part.

It’s always beneficial to get the correct Certification and documents with your new installation and to save the documents with cert0n after you’ve received them.

Visit: www.gocompare.com/mortgages/title-indemnity-insurance/

Unlike a paper-based system CertOn is not limited in how many documents it can store.

All documents stored can be indexed by type and category: Electrical, Gas, Fensa (windows) etc. making the job of finding documents straightforward and easy.

Yes. A completion certificate ensures building work is safe.

Only once the surveyor is satisfied with the work they’ll issue a completion certificate which proves the building work on the property meets building regulations and is safe. 

For more information, see: https://www.labc.co.uk/homeowners/do-i-need-a-completion-certificate-for-building-work-in-my-house?language_content_entity=en

Dropbox is a basic file storage mechanism. It can store documents and even share them, but CertOn brings extra features such as:

  • Simple classification of Document Types
  • Ability to set Document Expiry Dates
  • Ability to receive reminders in advance of an important document expiring
  • Ability to lookup a house and documents by scanning a QR code
  • Ability for a homeowner to easily share documents with an Installer for a predetermined period of time

Some users may receive a voucher code for a discount on the price of storage spaces. 
If you have been given a voucher code, follow these instructions:

  1. From your Dashboard go to My Documents, then Add a Document
  2. Select your document purchase amount, and select Buy Document Storage Now.
  3. On the Checkout page, enter your Code in the Voucher code box.
  4. Click Apply Voucher Code.
  5. A valid code will apply the discount associated with that code.
  6. Select your payment method to complete your purchase.

Housing Associations, Multi- Property Estate, Compliance, Asset & Facility Management companies Landlord

New Build / Developer


In 2005 the Government introduced electrical safety rules into the Building Regulations for England and Wales. Because of this, most fixed electrical installation work in homes must, by law, meet the Building Regulations.

Part P states that anyone carrying out electrical installation work in a home must make sure that the work is designed and installed to protect people from fire and electric shocks.

Part P applies to any changes made to existing installations, including any parts that have been rewired. In April 2013 further changes were introduced, reducing the range of electrical installation work that is notifiable – removing some requirements in kitchens and outdoors.

You can find full details on Part P on the Communities and Local Government website:  www.communities.gov.uk

Electricians carrying out work in England and Wales have to comply with Part P of the Building Regulations whereas in Scotland it is the Building Standards system. At the present time Northern Ireland has no equivalent statutory requirement.

For more information about Part P please check www.certon.co.uk/faq/part-p/

All electrical installation work in a home, garden, conservatory or outbuilding must meet the Building Regulations.

Apart from some types of minor work, all electrical work must either be reported to the local-authority building-control, or be carried out by an electrician who is registered with one of the Government-approved scheme providers.

By law, all homeowners and landlords must be able to prove that all electrical installation work meets Part P, or they will be committing a criminal offence.

Local authorities can make homeowners or landlords remove or alter any work that does not meet the Building Regulations.

You must either:

– tell your local-authority building

– control about the installation work before it starts; or

– employ an electrician who is registered with one of the Government-approved Part P schemes.

We recommend that you use a registered electrician to do the electrical installation work.

+  The advantages of using a registered electrician

If you use a registered electrician, you can expect to have safe electrical installation work done, as the work will meet the UK national standard, BS 7671 (Requirements for Electrical Installations). When the work is finished you will receive:

– an Electrical Installation Certificate or Minor Work Certificate that confirms that the work meets BS 7671; and

– a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate that confirms that the work meets the Building Regulations.

Yes. Electrical installation work must be carried out only by people who have the knowledge, skill and experience needed to avoid any danger to themselves and others.

We strongly recommend that you use a registered electrician to do any electrical installation work you need. They work to the UK national safety standard and will give you a safety certificate to confirm that their work has been designed, inspected and tested in line with that standard.